Friday, February 8, 2013

Bloggers Against Drunk Drivers

I have like two minutes to blog today but I wanted to share something that I found this morning.  This means a lot to me because I am a runner and every time I go running outside I am putting my life in the hands of drivers out there.  I can tell you that I think about this every single time I run.  Therefore, even without being invited, I am a BADD.


Here is a story about a fellow blogger who was on her Saturday morning run and was hit by a drunk driver.  What was going to be a half marathon turned into being months and could be years of recovery.  Read about  Keri's story on her blog Newlyweds on a Budget.

I'll start you off with the intro to her campaign...

"On June 30, 2012 I was on the final stretch of a nine mile run when I was struck by a drunk driver a half mile away from my home. Often times we have the mentality that bad things happen to other people. I had that mentality. I was a 23 year old in great shape. I worked hard every day to take care of my body and I made the mistake of thinking I was invincible. It only took a moment, a moment I don't remember, to change that. I went from running 9 miles to not being able to move my legs. I spent one week in a level one trauma ICU and two weeks in an intense rehabilitation center. Then I had four weeks with at home therapy and am currently attending an outpatient therapy center where I'll likely be for another 18 months. As part of my recovery I've turned to my blog to share my story; the good, the bad, and everything in between."

Continue at Newlyweds on a Budget.

The runner in me begs you not to drink (or text) and drive.  For my sake and the sake of my girls who need their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...